Monday, February 24, 2014

speak life.







in high school i had a big box full of snippets of paper that had all kinds of quotes scribbled on them...i've always loved a good quote.  and now with the internet and pinterest it's even more fun to collect them!  

a few simple words can soften a heart, inspire and stop you in your tracks.  or they can tear and break down.

the old adage "stick and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me" is simply not true.  but, i love the one that says, "if you don't have anything nice to say..." 

words are powerful.  so very powerful.  the bible says that we can speak life or death.  we can bless others or tear them down.  we can speak life into our bodies and situations or death.  words are so powerful that the Creator created simply by speaking. 

are you going to speak life?  encourage?  keep your mouth shut when you really want to say something you shouldn't?  sometimes opinions don't need to be shared because they are just that...an opinion. {and yes, i just shared mine :}

"the tongue can bring death or life, those who love to talk will reap the consequences."  Proverbs 18:21 NIV


 



2 comments:

  1. I love these quotes and I love the Toby Mac song!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have shared these words of wisdom at the right time for me. This week, someone was not so careful with their words. Difficult situation which is still being resolved...however, I know God's ways are right and true. Trying to rest in His ways and respond in a manner which honors Him.

    On a less serious note, before my children lovingly corrected me, I totally thought the song was 'Speak Light' :-)

    ReplyDelete

comments = happy mountain mama