Wednesday, October 2, 2013

a story...revealing the big news.

the kids were lined up outside.  we had called them together to tell them the big news.  they had their guesses...but they were not even close.  pizza and game night?  no.  a trip out of town?  maybe later.

when the surprise was revealed they stood with wide eyes and open mouths.  scout finally said quite loudly, "are you kidding me?" 

i nervously giggled...this wasn't going like i had anticipated.  is that a big surprise?

finally, i saw it dawn in boo bears eyes...they sparkled and a smile crept upon her sweet face.  i held out my arms and she ran to me.  she gently patted my tummy like a mama would do.

next in line was trooper, our tough guy with a soft spot for sweet things.  he hugged me and patted my belly...and talked to the baby growing inside.  it was almost my undoing.

with tears in my eyes i saw scout seeking out a quiet place.  yes, she needs time to process.  

i go to her after a few minutes and we chat.  she is excited yet concerned for me.  i promise her babies are worth all pain.  they are worth being big and uncomfortable. what a sweet girl.

since then, they put lotion on my feet, bring water and try to stay quiet while i'm resting.  boo bear keeps me updated, thanks to her book on reproduction, on how big the baby is...she's the size of a bean.  i ask, "what if it's a boy?"  apparently the girls won't entertain that thought.  sweet mountain man keeps me fed.  seriously, i have never been so hungry in my life. 

yesterday trooper had a lesson in feeding a baby doll it's bottle and burping.  again, tears came to my eyes as i watched our son who loves to wrestle be gentle for a few minutes.

this new life the Lord has chosen to bless us with will no doubt mean so much to each one of us.  after all, as one of our kiddos said...it's "our baby."

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate." Psalm 127:3-5

15 comments:

  1. Oh Congratulations your baby is going to be the luckiest kid in the world to be born into such a loving family with a Mom and Dad and siblings like you all my friend.You are a wonderful Mom. HUGS HUGS. B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh congrats! Are you still planning on adopting also? What a blessing to have another little baby to hold. I may just have a touch of baby fever lately, shhh don't tell my husband! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh congrats! I'm so excited for ya'll! I've had a feeling for a long time that you'd have another baby. =) What a huge blessing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) The best surprise! Congrats to all of you :) !

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOhhhh how wonderful!! I am so happy for you!! I had 3...like you 2 girls then my baby boy....my only regret is not having another...so good for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ~ what a precious gift you have been giving. The Lord is Good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!!!!!!! What a wonderful, exciting blessing! Hearing about how your kids responded to the news was so touching! They're all going to be terrific older siblings!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!!! What exciting news! Children are the most precious blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! This is a wonderful part of your journey...children are a wonderful blessing and the older I get the more I appreciate them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So excited for you and your family! I'm feeling my jealousy bone coming out. (smile) Keep us all informed of each step.

    He does know how to give good gifts doesn't He?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! So happy for y'all :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
    I'm soooo incredibly excited for you and your family!!! from a momma who had babies when the kids were able to grasp the true blessing IT'S AMAZING SHARING IT WITH THEM....
    can't wait to read your journey!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet post and how exciting for your family. Yes, babies are worth it all (well, except maybe those last couple of weeks-but we quickly forget that)! I am thrilled for you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats!!!!! So excited for you and your family - a beautiful blessing!

    ReplyDelete

comments = happy mountain mama