Thursday, July 4, 2013

we have a firecracker birthday!

i love to tell this story because i get to brag about my home birth tell how great God is.

six years ago my mom and i were waddling {well, she was walking normally} around our then church's 4th of july celebration. i was a few days past my due date chasing the girls around in oklahoma's july heat. i was so big people would look at my belly then look at me and either gasp, giggle or give me a look of sympathy. 



in all honesty i was hoping all the festivities would kick labor into action.  sure enough, on the highway heading home the contractions started.  if you're wondering where in the world mountain man was through all of this he was there, at church, and still working.  of course i called him STAT to ask him to get home! 



i put the girls to bed.  mountain man came home and we waited a few hours before calling the midwife.  she came and everything was fine.  only...i wasn't.  the contractions were strong and regular but i felt "stuck."  or should i say...someone else was stuck!


the wonderful midwife checked for any progress and for a brief moment i saw panic in her eyes.  not good.  i heard her pray.  i prayed.  the next thing i knew during the next contraction she did was she needed to do and i literally felt his sweet little body move into the correct birthing position.  it was one of the coolest things ever!



i did have to work really hard for this one to come out because he was a whopping 9 pounds!  {hence, the bragging on myself.}  in fact, i couldn't get out of bed for a good 30 minutes...my legs literally would not work but, oh...he was so worth it! trooper was born the morning after our great nation's birthday.

he is everything i thought having a boy would be and so much more!  trooper is so complex and boyish yet loving all at the same time.  and ornery...i shouldn't forget that.


we all agree that is he by far, the best firecracker ever invented!  God is so good, eh?  

happy 6th birthday to our sweet boy!  the Lord has big plans for you!  

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."  ~Matthew 7:7

"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." ~Jeremiah 29:13

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Yoggan!!!! We miss y'all and can't wait to see y'all ( hopefully soon)! Please give everyone a hug from me and tell them I said hey.
    Love,
    Nina w.

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday trooper!!!
    ^)^ linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! Great story and yes you are 'bragging' about how great God is to get you thru it (smile)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that just sounds way too "Little House on the Prairie" for me! I am so thrilled that it was a wonderful experience for you, but I am one who wanted to be surrounded by doctors and nurses and equipment!! You couldn't get up for 30 minutes? I couldn't get up for longer than that and I had a hospital birth. You rock!!

    ReplyDelete

comments = happy mountain mama