Monday, July 8, 2013

the precious lonely hour.

we were out and about looking at land yesterday and the kids were singing...the words "precious lonely hour" stood out to me.  

do you consider being lonely precious?  

someone once said to me, "oh...your life has always been easy."  i didn't know if i should argue, cry or laugh.  i think i probably rolled my eyes.  {it was along time ago...hopefully i've matured since then.}

the precious lonely hour...you mean the times i felt rejected and abandoned?  how 'bout when i felt like the Lord wasn't listening to my prayers?  or when i was living in sin not knowing how to get out?  what about the times i heard words that tore me down? or when i felt literally all alone?

are those precious times?

well, they can be. 

when i was younger i was stubborn and fought Him but He never left my side.  He was pursuing a relationship with me even when i ignored His calls. He never stopped loving me. wow.

i've said it time and time again and i will keep saying it, i have no idea how people can live this life without the Lord.  their Creator.  the One that loves them so much!  {i tried and it doesn't work.}

it is so hard...so hard...to watch people fill that void in their heart with other things besides Christ.  i'm not judging...how can i when i used to do the same?  i'm far from perfect.

we are officially in "the ministry."  i don't know when or how it even happened. mountain man has been speaking and we've been praying for people everywhere we go it seems.  i'm more shocked than anyone. isn't the ministry for "those" kind of people?  you know...the ones that have it all together??  

in those precious lonely hours...the ones we had in georgia and idaho, the valleys and the mountains, i didn't fight them.  the only thing, person and hope i had to cling to is Jesus Christ and it's in those time i really learned to trust in Him.  i grew and in doing so, i now want nothing more than to live completely for Him.  more of Him, way less of me.

but don't let me fool you.  i don't have it all figured out and i never will.  i still sometimes whine to Him or don't obey quickly.  but i know that i know that He has everything under control just how He wants it.  and He doesn't need my help running the world.

so...when i hear my kids sing 'through it all' i can't help but smile with a few tears in my eyes.  they are singing our "song."

are you having a lonely hour?  will you allow Him to make it precious?

Through It All

I've had many tears and sorrows
I've had questions for tomorrow
There've been times I didn't know right from wrong
But in every situation
God gave blessed consolation
That my trials only come to make me strong

I've been a lot of places
And I've seen so many faces
But there've been times I've felt so all alone
But in that lonely hour
In that precious, lonely hour
Jesus let me know I was His own

Through it all
Through it all
I've learned to trust in Jesus
I've learned to trust in God
Through it all
Through it all
I've learned to depend upon His Word

So I thank God for the mountains
And I thank Him for the valleys
I thank Him for the storms He's brought me through
Cause if I never had a problem
I wouldn't know that He could solve them
I wouldn't know what faith in His Word could do

Through it all
Through it all
I've learned to trust in Jesus
I've learned to trust in God
Through it all
Through it all
I've learned to depend upon His Word
Yes, I've learned to depend upon His Word
I've learned to depend upon His Word
~Andrae Crouch


 

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post... I am with you.. I say AMEN AMEN...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful song I have always loved. I too have been told how wonderful my life is and how lucky I am to have such an "easy" life. I am pretty sure people really have no idea. Great post. Hug B

    ReplyDelete

comments = happy mountain mama