Wednesday, July 31, 2013

book review: We Laugh We Cry We Cook



"A Mom and Daughter dish about the food that delights them and the love that binds them."

This book is penned by Becky Johnson and Rachel Randolph.  Becky is the mom who is know to be a bit scatterbrained and Rachel is her daughter who loves everything in order.

This book is filled with funny stories that relate to the recipes they share with us.  I literally laughed out loud which does not happen often while reading a book.

Rachel is a vegetarian and her mom is not but most of the recipes are appealing to me.  Rachel shares the down low on how to make yummy "White Bean Guacamole" and healthy cool whip while Becky shares a peek into her own arsenal of recipes such as "Mama's All Natural {No Sugar} Apple Crisp Skillet" and "Blueberry-Raspberry Oat Bars" both of which sound wonderful.

Like I said, these ladies are very entertaining and talented, both are great writers and I appreciate them taking us on their journey of Mother/Daughter hood.  

The only down side in my opinion of this read is some of it's content.  It was published by Zondervan which is a Christian publishing company.  While the authors did mention their faith and the Lord the book is also filled with slang words, alcoholic beverages and references to movies and songs that are not godly. 

I am not trying to be a stickler, the book police or to offend anyone but I would not feel comfortable gifting this book to my friends.   Everyone has their own personal convictions to live by.


Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze.com® <http://BookSneeze.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments = happy mountain mama