Tuesday, June 25, 2013

there is light.


there is darkness everywhere.  a couple of weeks ago a lady came to our church's ministry outreach and said, "i have a broken tailbone...someone beat me.  i need some clothes."  
 
we are so blessed to be able to help...to give our community what they need, to hug them, offer support and encouragement. 

but...

it's makes me hate the darkness even more.  everywhere i look people are bound by addictions, wrong thought patterns, bitterness, unforgiveness...

and i constantly have to check my own thoughts...attitudes, motives and heart...do they line up with God and His word?

yes, darkness abounds all around but there is good news!  God is bigger than the boogey man {that's a veggie tale's song}  by His blood there is victory over darkness.  the darkness WILL NOT win!

"Hold My Hand - And Trust, so long as you are conscious of My Presence with you, all is well.  It is virtually impossible to stumble while walking in the Light with me.  I designed you to enjoy Me above all else. You find the deepest fulfillment of your heart in Me alone

Fearful, anxious thoughts melt away in the Light of My Presence.  When you turn away from Me, you are vulnerable to the darkness that is always at work in the world.  Don't be surprised by how easily you sin when you forget to cling to My hand.  In the world, dependency is seen as immaturity.  But in My Kingdom, dependence on Me is a prime measure of maturity." 
                                                                  {Isaiah 41:10; Psalm 62:5-6} 
~Jesus calling by Sarah Young          

more of Him and way less of me.

2 comments:

comments = happy mountain mama