Friday, May 17, 2013

on my knees. on my toes.




i've said it before but it bears repeating.  being a parent is the hardest and most rewarding thing in the world. the kids keep me on my toes to say the least...i have no idea what a day will hold.

upon reflection of the past couple of weeks and everywhere my kids have taken me i realize my heart has felt so much.

on my knees...because i realize time and time again that i simply can do nothing well without the Lord's help.  

they have kept me laughing.  yesterday i watched as a box the size of a hot water tank was walking around in our backyard with two pairs of feet sticking out.  the sound of their laughter was contagious.  but way more than that, i knew deep in my heart that it takes communication and working together to walk side by side in a box...and they were having a blast doing it.  there is a lesson there somewhere. 

i laughed today when trooper exclaimed..."mama...i have hair growing on my big toe..."  yes, my baby is growing up.  next, he'll be shaving and all too soon for me.

my heart broke as we were about to leave for the girls' music recital...scout exclaimed with tears in her eye..."mama...pearl had a baby."  the baby rabbit did not make it.  there was sadness.  it was especially hard because we weren't for sure she was even pregnant and then for it to happen almost as we were walking out the door.  but, she was brave...ever so brave. she was comforted that her grandpa offered to stay with her animals.

and then...on mother's day when the kids exclaimed that trooper was eating tadpoles...the family that had gathered for lunch kind of laughed.  then the kids with serious faces said, "no...we're serious. trooper is EATING tadpoles!!!"

oh dear...

this task, life, job, calling as a mom stretches me...i'm laughing, crying, soothing, caring for, teaching, taking care of and praying for these little ones in hopes of raising bright kids who love the Lord and people deeply.

and...in all of it...i'm changing too.  less of me and more of Him.

but please...please...no more eating of tadpoles.  really.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my - tadpoles! They must have been good if he went back for more. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to hear my children's laughter and it's especially special when they are playing and enjoying one another!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those boys! Living in the moment, you do well with your kiddoes....keep it up, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy do I love your blog! Yu are such a blessing to me and my family!
    ((((HUGS)))) n giggles
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete

comments = happy mountain mama