Tuesday, March 5, 2013

book review: Though Mountains Fall by Dale Cramer






here's something you might not know about me...i have a weakness for Amish books.  their simplicity, faith, duty to family and helping their community...it's all just wunderbar {wonderful}.  i've even wondered if maybe some of my roots aren't Amish...

this is the third book of Dale Cramer's first ever series.  This trilogy was also his first historical novels to pen.  These books are different than other Amish books because families move to Mexico in search of freedom to live how they see fit, which did actually happen. 

and they found trouble...

banditos who weren't afraid to kill or steal.

and challenges...

a climate that is different for farming not to mention a different culture, language and rules on love. 

i wasn't sure how i would like a historical novel/romance book written by a man but Dale Cramer did a great job {he had help from his wife!} creating characters that pull on the reader's heartstrings.  

the past two books were so full of drama that i was expecting something bad to happen in every chapter of "Though Mountains Fall" and it wasn't so.  i was a little disappointed that Rachel's fiance did not cause more of a stink due to her deceitfulness.  however, that last couple of chapters were surprising and i loved how another tragic loss opened Caleb Bender's eyes to the truth and to love.  i was just sorry one family had to face so much heartache and pain.  i do admire Caleb Bender's bravery in being the first to lead his family to an unknown territory...fully trusting in God's protection and provision.

i would recommend this series to anyone who likes Amish book with a twist of history, drama and action!

thank you to Bethany House for the complimentary book in exchange for a book review!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, this article is pleasant, my younger sister is analyzing these kinds of things,
    so I am going to tell her.

    my web-site ... remembermetillwemeetagain.com
    Also see my webpage: website

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a good one:) Hug B

    ReplyDelete
  3. i also am fond of the Amish. we have several Amish/Mennonite communities close to where i live. when i started teaching and had my first home, i decorated with Amish-type things. i x-stitched a 'Shaker' prayer, framed it, and it stills hangs in my home. i recently met a Mennonite knitter in my fav coffee house...she is so nice! i guess all along i have really SIMPLE tastes and philosophies in my life. i knit for St.Mary's Catholic Church where i started a prayer shawl ministry...utility knitting (for others). it does my heart/soul good knowing that i'm helping others in need. i've received many 'rewards' from this and i know God directed my path in doing this!
    Blessings...
    ^)^ linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm I wouldn't of thought that about you and the Amish...I too!! Love the Amish... I read lots of Beverly Lewis books...about 6 years ago we took a trip across Canada and then back thru the US... I started looking at places Beverly Lewis talked about and realized they were real places...so we visited those towns around Lancaster Penn.... WE LOVE IT!!! Hubby feel in love with the area as much as I did!! He was a school teacher and we love biking so we biked the back roads..(.pedal bikes:)and he loved looking at all the little school houses throughout the area...the day we left that area was the day of that Amish school shooting... in 2006...we were heartbroken!! anyways...I will check out these books... I love reading Amish books as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thiѕ iѕ a tοpic which is near to
    my heart... Thank you! Εxactly where aгe yоur contaсt details thοugh?
    http://Www.tarcinim.com
    My webpage :: http://Www.tarcinim.com

    ReplyDelete

comments = happy mountain mama