Wednesday, February 27, 2013

full circle.


it was time.  we have moved.  unpacked.  gotten organized, for the most part.  internet is up and running.  the kids are settled.  the dog and fish are getting used to their new environments.  {do fish even notice a change?}

but...i can't quit thinking...and laughing, and pondering.

do you see the street above?

let's just say it's really close to where we lived when we began this whole adventure.  it's okay...laugh.  i won't be offended.

okay...you can stop now...really....there ya go.

as i was saying, we have come full circle.

to the outsider looking in it may seem like not much has changed.  but, as i read my thoughts at mountain man's surprise birthday party earlier in the month..."we are not the same. though we may be in almost the same place physically, we are not in the same place spiritually or emotionally."  we are better parents, our marriage is stronger and i'd like to believe we are better people who have a great fear and respect of our amazing God. 

but, our adventures won't stop.  that wouldn't be any fun now would it?  what would i blog about?

as we sat at the foot of our prophetic missionary friend at christmas she passed out our gifts. one of which was a key. we each received one.

it wasn't a key to a car or a house.  it was even better.

it was a symbol for...


"I see what you’ve done. Now see what I’ve done. I’ve opened a door before you that no one can slam shut. You don’t have much strength, I know that; you used what you had to keep my Word. You didn’t deny me when times were rough." Revelation 3:8-11

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." Matthew 7:7

our hearts desire is and always has been to buy land and build a house.  yet, for the past two to three years we have worked on a  tree plantation and ran a hunting lodge. next, we rented while we got out of debt...which we have done, praise God! 

{do you remember in georgia when we worked months without pay?  and the Lord wanted us to stay put!!  we racked up the debt there...}

don't get me wrong for a millisecond...we would never trade these past years for anything.  we have grown, changed, been broken before the Lord only to have Him pick us up and dust us off.  we have learned things about ourselves that we probably would have never known.  we have seen the character of God, we know Him. 

but...we are ready for our own home.  we can visualize it and almost taste it. 

as i see the key on my key chain sweet jessie gave us, i can't help but wonder just which of the Lord's doors it will unlock.

our own land? home? adoption?  maybe one or two kids?!?  none of the above, something else the Lord has planned? 

"Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord." Psalm 27:14

*thank you for the prayers and love notes.  thank you to our wonderful friends who helped us move/unpack.  thank you to our God for helping us stay sane during yet, another move.  He rocks.

12 comments:

  1. Ah you guys are sooo Blessed - congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Brooke I am so happy for you I know you both can do anything and make it through you are amazing. Have fun on this adventure the kids are going to love every minute. Looking forward to see where you are:0 Hug B

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got chills - very neat! I love how the Lord brings us to, through, and around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm excited to see what God will do next. I love when you said that you've seen the charcter of God, you know Him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOve this post....such excitement and unknown adventure all while walking in /through Him. I am starting to realize that God can use the down times to bring us to the good...and what freedom there is in that! He has great Plans for us.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. You seem so sure of what God is calling you to do. How do you know? I try to listen and open my heart, but I hear nothing, don't feel compelled one way or another. I pray for guidance and to be shown were to go. I hear nothing. What am I missing? what am I doing wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting for you all!! Look forward to hearing more...

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So nice to get caught up here! Although I'm back to posting once or twice a week, I'm still not caught up on all my blog reading. My life is so hectic, but I settled in here tonight and just feel refreshed! I've always enjoyed your words and your delightful spirit. So happy for sweet blessings in your life. I've tried to figure out if you've mentioned exactly where you are moving to. Are you still in Oklahoma?

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is never boring with Jesus is it? Glad to hear you are settled in. I can't wait to see what the Lord places in front of you next. Very exciting stuff!

    ReplyDelete

comments = happy mountain mama