Thursday, January 31, 2013

we're moving y'all...and a lil holiday home tour.





i meant to post some pictures of the space we were living temporarily when we moved in over a year ago.  then, i was going to post some holiday pictures in december.  

and since we're moving in a couple of weeks i took some shots before the winter decor came down.

{better late than never?!}

the wreath above was made by a little lady who makes them by hand. all the monies go to missions.  i can't believe i just used the word monies.



 here is a shot of the kitchen.  a friend we had over for lunch brought the tulips...makes me ready for spring!  the picture of the little boy on our fridge is one we "adopted" from Uganda through food for the hungry.


this year we wanted natural holiday decor...to bring the outdoors inside.  we didn't really decorate for Christmas per se but instead the season of winter.  mountain man made these cool swags we hung upside down from the ceiling in a couple of corners and on the side of the kitchen cabinets facing out into the dining room.


 
i loved seeing our holiday greetings from family and friends hanging from twine and clothes pins in the dining room.  it was like getting hugged upon walking in the room. 


this is a shot of our living space.  no TV.  it's where the piano and fiddle reside.  books, chairs, pillows and a throw. the wood stove is near this space as well. very warm and comfy!


oh yeah...and we even tossed some berries and pine on top of the kitchen cabinets...very rustic...and free!  never mind the berries that sometimes fell into a simmering pot of soup...kidding!

we've totally enjoyed this space.  the concrete floors, horses, ponds, swimming pool...in fact, it's kinda sad.  but, when the Lord says "MOVE" then we gotta MOVE!

there are many things on our horizon...new housing and adopting {squeal} are the biggest.  i'll write more about each when the time is right.

but for now, please join us in saying goodbye to the cute little spot...

now, off to pack!   

{is it just me...shouldn't i be really good at packing by now?}

18 comments:

  1. Oh Mountain Mama I am excited for you, you surely do have adventures.
    I love the Christmas look of your temporary home, you had made it your own it is beautiful.
    I have NO doubt that the next place will bring with it many blessings and lessons just like this one. Happy packing. HUGS B

    ReplyDelete
  2. where are you going? Just a new home or moving out of the area? Keep us updated and happy packing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Off to another adventure I take it...happy packing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing the big shelf full of books! So do you not own a TV at all? We have one but don't have any channels so we use it to watch some movies but my husband and I aren't big into TV. I would love someday if we didn't even own one! Ha, and monies is a funny word :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your home is very cozy and welcoming. Congrat's on the move and the other big adventures - can't wait to read all about them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm excited for ya'll and can't wait to hear more. Love the pretty decor!

    ReplyDelete
  7. woot! So excited to hear news of your adoption!!!!!!!!!! I'd like to say I'm excited about your move, but I'm still feeling scarred from our last move {nearly 7 years ago}. Praying for smooth packing and excited to see what God has in store for you in your new home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great adventures!! New location or just new home?

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! So much 'movement' in such a little time it seems. I can't wait to see where your next adventure takes you. I will keep you in my prayers. I love watching you follow God's lead. It's so encouraging to me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved the decorations! I think I will borrow your card hanging idea, I never know what to do with them all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, you could probably write a best-seller on the best way to pack and move on to the next big adventure in life. Can't wait to see where you land. Love your comfy home, we have similar tastes for sure! I also too some of those branches w/ red berries, grouped w/ pine cones to make swags that I hung on each side of our fireplace. You would have thought we had consulted one another, lol! Funny stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! God has some great awesome things for you right now doesn't He! Loved seeing the photos of your current abode. Looking forward to seeing more of the plans God has for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck on the move.... love your simple but very pretty decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  14. L.O.V.E. the decor...looks wonderful! Beautiful home~so are you leaving OK? I always hoped since you were so close to me, we would actually get to meet face to face. Will be praying for you as a new chapter begins!
    {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  15. blessings to you on this new adventure, and i hope that it all goes smoothly :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I do want to congratulate you on your new home. Your old house seem really cozy too, it has a lot of great decorations as well. I'm glad you were able to take pictures of it before packing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. you never stay still for long! good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Prayed for your move. :) And you know that I've found no matter how many times we move...it's never easy...and packing? We start off well, but at the end, stuff starts getting thrown into boxes and garbage bags. I'm thankful that our next move should be less stressful and hard as well be moving from one town in IL to another instead of moving from state to state.

    ReplyDelete

comments = happy mountain mama