Friday, January 18, 2013

the unexpected.

much like an old barn, i love old trucks.  there is so much character, so many untold stories. 

i was meeting my step-mom and a friend for lunch yesterday and found myself a little lost...goodness, funny how my old stompin' ground can change in 15 years!  i turned into a parking lot in hopes of turning around.  i did turn around but i happened upon this little beauty on the side of the building. 

an old truck.  do you see the cowboy hat and Christmas tree?  in the city no less!  a picture waiting to be taken.

my kind of picture.  and truck.  worth getting lost for.

"The only thing that should surprise us is that there are still things that can surprise us." ~Francois de LA Rochefoucauld

6 comments:

  1. For my wedding present my husband restored a 1969 Chevy just like that one for me. It is one of my most loved possessions! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I bet this had you want to run back to those hills if only for a moment. Great shot Mama. B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! Definitely worth getting lost for!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep! Definitely a great photo find!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do so love those moments when we are in the right place at the right time, even when we thought we were lost :-) Neat picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my dream vehicles is an old truck.. I'll tke anything from 55-70 chevy or Ford...Maybe somedy....meanwhile I guess I will enjoy all te great pics....Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

comments = happy mountain mama