Sunday, January 27, 2013

scipture & snapshot


i remember in the mountains everyday was filled with awe and wonder for our creator.  a wild flower in an unusual spot, the sun reflecting off the snow at just the right angle or eagles flying over the snake river.  all of it took my breath away.  the Lord taught me a lot in those months.

when we moved back to oklahoma i promised myself that i would see the beauty in everyday.  the beauty in His handiwork.  and i have to admit, sometimes i don't.

sometimes...we're busy with music lessons, getting to appointments on time, our lessons, running errands, working at church and on and on it goes.  sad but true.

the other evening scout requested my presence outside.  we both oohed and awed and His handiwork.  in the city.  {thank you, sweetie.}

we wanted to break into song.  maybe a rendition of "How Great is Our God" or a round of simple "Hallelujahs."

i've said it before but i need reminding.  God is everywhere.  His creation, His drop to your knees and give Him all the praise and glory He deserves kind of sunset.

and we may not live in the rustic mountains anymore.  our schedule may be busier than i would like at times but i should never...never...ever...be too busy to notice the beauty in the everyday...the beauty of His masterpiece.

thank you Lord!

"Praise be to the Lord, for He has heard my cry for mercy.  The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped.  My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in song." ~Psalm 29:6-7

 
 

3 comments:

  1. Yes, "How great is our God"! Your picture is a great reminder that our God in charge of all the beauty we see around us....It is also evident in your blog...Thanks for being a beautiful creation of His!!! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. Beautiful picture, beautiful scripture.

    ReplyDelete

comments = happy mountain mama