Wednesday, October 24, 2012

14 years ago i said...



i do.

i was twenty and didn't really know what i was agreeing to.

now don't start letting your imagination run wild.

i knew the part about love, honor, cherish, protect, faithful till death do us part. and i was okay with that.

but...it was the every day life i wasn't ready for.

the communication, the die-to-self, the sharing of my food {only child until i was nineteen}.

i  didn't expect the loss we would endure together, miracles we would see, the ups and downs, three amazing kids, lessons learned along the way.  

i did not expect to learn just how big God is.

i did not anticipate the bond between husband and wife.  the bond that exists even as i said just the other day, "what was He thinking putting two people so different together?"

yes, i get it now.  

there is no possible way i can put into words what mountain man means to me.  he prays for us every day.  he provides for us.  he protects us. he loves unselfishly.  he's the head of our home.  and he makes a mean chocolate pie.

he's my best friend.  he knows me better than anyone and apparently still loves me.  

we make a great team...it turns out He knew what he was doing after all.

we are ready...ready for what the Lord has in store for us, ready to do His work.  hand in hand we'll walk the path together.


                 ~happy 14th anniversary to my love, you have my heart~

26 comments:

  1. How precious! Congratulations to you both ... hope you have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 14th to you two! Enjoy your special day celebrating! He really does make a mean chocolate pie, I can attest to that!!! That picture of you two from your wedding day, precious!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats... you made me cry:((( in a good way:)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary!!!!!! Gave me goose bumps..... May your life be blessed in the way that you have blessed me, which is sooo HUGE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Happy Anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I hope your day was BLESSED and many more to come!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary!! What a wonderful post!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary! If only I had read a post like this nearly 35 years ago..it would have meant I didn't have to learn the hard way too..or may be I would have anyway, being a bit stubborn and opinionated myself. You are very blessed with your wonderful chocolate pie maker!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats!! So proud of and inspired by the two of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Anniversary! It is a beautiful testimony to the Lord and His wisdom and grace. My daughter asked me just yesterday, 'what is the best part of being married?' and I answered, 'companionship and unity' - I'm not sure I would have said the same thing many years ago, when my husband and I first got married, but it was the first thing to come to mind when she asked :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. congrats on your special day!!!
    ^)^ linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Anniversary you can clearly see the love. HUGS B

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a special couple. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Anniversary! May God continue to bless you through out your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you had a very happy anniversary.

    http://www.memoirsofmeandmine.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a hoot! My FOURTEENTH wedding anniversary was yesterday as well! No kidding. That's hilarious!! Happy anniversary! I hope you had a special day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations!!!
    You two look so sweet in both pics:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations, MM! What a lovely tribute to your husband and your marriage.
    Such a handsome couple and such beautiful children.
    Bless you,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  19. woot! Happy Anniversary. I love how God uses marriage to grow and refine us.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations!!! You are a beautiful couple and have made an inspiring family!
    xoxo
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love that you love your man so much. We don't really know what we are walking into when we walk down that isle do we? I'd say that is a 'faith' thing right there. Glad that you love that man of yours so much, this makes life easier to live when it is doing it together!

    ReplyDelete

comments = happy mountain mama