Saturday, March 3, 2012

scripture & snapshot



yesterday i was *trying* to clean house.  after countless socks, pieces of dried play-do, dead sea creature parts {wish i was kidding 'bout that} and sticky hand prints i was not having a great day. 

i bent down to pick up yet another mess which included kid scissors and a wod of cut up paper.

i sighed...loudly.  {i need to make my point, right?  even only if it's for my own sake...poor pitiful me.}

after i grabbed the paper and crushed it in my hands i noticed a smaller piece left behind.

there it is, up top.

suddenly, my attitude took a turn for the better.  i had a heart change. 

good gravy!  it's my privilege and honor to raise these kids.  even if it means cleaning up dirt and mud from the kitchen counter and countless experiments.

yes, indeed...this is the life.

i'm so glad i didn't leave my heart a mess.









14 comments:

  1. Love this! :) Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No pitiful at all. Just real. I'm glad you didn't leave your heart a mess too, 'cause we'd have missed out on the beautiful photos. Blessings on your day, your home, your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet reminder from God!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...oh no...I know that sigh. I do it daily. Thanks for this reminder that amid all the messes and cleaning it is always a privilege to raise my kids!

    As I was reading your post my son came over and gave me a paper camera he'd just made for me! *melt* :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a good thing you were cleaning slow enough to see. That heart could have been gone in the blink of an eye. This is a good lesson for me.

    Thanks for stopping by dschondog,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, what a beautiful message in this post. Love it. And the fact that you noticed the heart and it changed yours, that makes all the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "it's my privilege and honor to raise these kids." Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful and so true! I like the jigsaw affect you used on the photo. Very symbolic.

    PS. We finally watched Courageous this weekend. I did a blog post about it today. I looked for you in the 5K crowd! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so with you on this!!! It is so hard to keep the right perspective though. I need a heart change daily.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't you just love it when God uses those little things to get our attention? He's the Master of that! Love this post! Your kiddos are precious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so beautiful Mama and so very true. Take care. Hug B

    ReplyDelete
  12. One of my favorite scriptures.... love the picture, too!

    Thanks for visiting me at A Season for All Things and signing up for the Miracle for Jen giveaway. I'm your newest follower and look forward to reliving our early homeschool days through you!

    ReplyDelete

comments = happy mountain mama