Tuesday, March 27, 2012

just sayin'

"With hurricanes, tornadoes, fires out of control,
mud slides, flooding, severe thunderstorms
tearing up the country from one end to another,

and with the threat of
swine flu
and terrorist attacks
Are we sure this is a good time
to take God out of the Pledge of Allegiance?"

~ Jay Leno

jay leno and i go way back...13 years to be exact.  that was when people called me to say, "so...i saw you on jay leno last night."  and i was like, "uh...no...i was in bed asleep last night." 

apparently someone thought my last name with mountain man's last name is funny when put together so the wedding announcement from the paper {with my picture i might add} made it onto the show.  and to this day, no one has fessed up...just one of those weird out-of-the-ordinary things to happen. 

he's a funny guy although i can say i haven't seen him on TV in years because, we don't watch TV as you know. but, I got this quote in an email today and he hit the nail of the head i do believe...just sayin'.

8 comments:

  1. I haven't seen that quote before but it's definitely a good one. To watch Jay Leno I'd have to stay up past my bedtime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I think he got this one right for sure! Now you have me curious about the last names!! I don't watch Jay either...I usually put CNN on when I go to bed to catch up on the "hurricanes, tornadoes, fires out of control, mud slides, flooding, severe thunderstorms tearing up the country from one end to another, and with the threat of swine flu
    and terrorist attacks>" No wonder I have trouble sleeping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok that is the funniest story and to have made it on their show is funnier...and yes....i can't stay up past 9 haah

    ReplyDelete
  4. How funny! Did you ever get a chance to see it? I don't watch those late night shows but it sounds like he hit the nail on the head with that quote. I love living in Texas because not only do we say the Pledge with vigor but we also have a Texas pledge ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great quote from Leno! Finally got to see October Baby last night,and it is GREAT!!! Once again they did an excellent job dealing with a very hard subject.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty funny, especially considering the source.

    ☺ Hope

    ReplyDelete
  7. Smiling!!...and Prepping....lol....and always keeping my eyes and heart on God!!

    Hugs Cindy from Rick-Rack and Gingham

    ReplyDelete

comments = happy mountain mama