Saturday, December 31, 2011

ramblings of a new year.

                                          

we've had some year.  as the holidays, my 34th birthday and the end 2011 come to a close i can't help but reflect.

this year i:

did things i never thought i would do.  was challenged.  cried.  threw fits.  was shocked beyond belief. was totally broken and mended.  fell in love all over again.  realized how blessed we are and what matters most.  moved from the amazing mountains back home.  met some amazing new friends.  cooked on a wood stove.  roasted my first turkey.  drove a standard...on the ice...on the road carved on the side of a mountain...{shudder}.  among countless other adventures.

i learned it's not my place to change people.  God does that.  it's my job to love them.  have you ever tried to love the unlovely?  ah...so i'm not the only one. even the guy who stood behind me and the girls in line at wal-mart and repeatedly cussed within ear shot due to the long wait.  {dear Lord, please keep my mouth shut and my kids' ear's closed.} 

honestly, i'm glad to see this year end.  we have high hopes for 2012.  some say in the "spiritual realm" that God has big plans for this year too.  we'll see some amazing things, no doubt about it.

and my heart...well, just like i had trouble over thanksgiving turning my thankfulness into words...i'm having trouble now.

my heart is full.  full of everything good.  the bitterness is gone.  when did that happen?  my heart is full of hope and love.  hope for the future and not just for us but for this world.  this crazy world that has turned it's back. 

enough about that.

i've just finished reading, "Live Your Passion, Tell Your Story and Change Your World" ~ A Challenge to Fulfill Your Calling.  it's a great little read.

because let's face it, we all have a purpose and a plan for our lives.  we all fit together like a puzzle...that is if everyone doesn't try to be a different piece than what they were created to be.

all of this to say...so much is going on in my heart.  my mind.  all of our wonderful adventures.  and one could say the best thing for me to do is to write everything down...in book format.  wouldn't that be something?

here's an excerpt from the book above:

Wherever you are in this journey called life, wherever you may be employed, wherever you may be in your domestic situation, wherever you may be in your age, your health or your lifestyle, God may be preparing YOU for a great surprise in order to find you faithful.  Rather than running from Him, run towards Him.  And rather than looking for someone to blame for the pain that you're now enduring or the change that's on the horizon, look heavenward and realize that this arrangement is sovereignty put together for your good and for His glory.  ~Charles Swindoll.

i couldn't have said it better myself.  i love you.  God loves you.  He does have a plan.  let's no run from it this year, okay?  no matter what He leads us to do, let's take the bull by the horns and take the challenge.  and don't forget to wear your boots!  =)
wishing you the happiest new year!!!

13 comments:

  1. Happy New Year.... Thank you for your thoughts:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. God Bless you girl! Amen to your words! I pray that God blesses your family in so many wonderful ways next year. I hope you had a blessed Christmas and a very safe and happy New Years celebration! You are in my thoughts and prayers. Luv and Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a year it's been for you! So many adventures - it's kind of good we don't know in advance what's ahead of us...

    Blessings for 2012
    Love, A x

    ReplyDelete
  4. you forgot to add "and slow down to see what God has made...maybe even stop" lol.

    :) Happy New Year to you and your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great words, and it sounds like this year was a year of 'change' for you, good and bad God was in it all! I look forward to watching the Lord's work in your life for 2012! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year, Brooke! I'm thankful for your bloggy friendship this past year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year Mountain you young thing you. 34 and so very wise. I love your inspirational blog. Thank you Brooke. You make me happy. B

    ReplyDelete
  8. God's Blessings in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. well I just love you too!!! and so thanlful for you... Cannot wait to see where 2012 and God Takes both of us this year

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for this- and yes, got my boots on!

    ReplyDelete
  11. 2011 was filled with many adventures for you and your family and I've enjoyed reading about the ones that you chose to share. I pray 2012 is filled with many more adventures and blessings for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. that quote was exactly what i need to read today. thanks! :) many blessings on you and your's this coming year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year - so grateful to have you as a blogging buddy. Based on the excerpt, sounds like a wonderful read!

    ReplyDelete

comments = happy mountain mama