Tuesday, December 13, 2011

bless you and the rest of the story.

{the girls with the baskets of goodies!}

y'all are totally too nice!  let me back up and start over:  bless you...

that's what boo calls sneezes.  and believe me, i've had plenty today.  the sore throat is gone and for the most part so are the aches and pains.  but, someone opened the flood gate to my sinuses!  where does it all come from?  oh...and the sinus pressure is not for wimps.  my teeth feel like they did long ago the day after i got braces. 

but, i'm not writing this to complain.  no siree.

i wanted to tell you how your comments from my last post pretty much embarrassed me in a good kinda way.  red cheeks and everything.  then again, maybe it was this nasty virus that caused the flushing.

either way, y'all are way too generous with your comments!  my prayer is to share our faith and hearts on the blog.  to inspire.  i always want to remain humble...even when y'all say the sweetest things! i never, ever want to come across that i am bragging...i just can't help but share how good and amazing God is! 

i want to tell you the rest of the story, something that happened today.

while shopping for those sweet {i would guess some are ornery!} people i quickly realized the $200 of charity money was not going to cover the highlights of their wish lists.  and every ounce of my being wanted this Christmas to be special for them. 

so...i spent the Christmas money i had received as a gift just a few days before.  {good thing i didn't promise to spend it on myself, sometimes people make me do that!:}

anyway, last night after getting home from shopping i told mountain man that i had spent my personal shopping money that had been a gift.  and i quickly added, "but the Lord will pay me back."

we dropped the presents off today, between the bless you's a.k.a. sneezes.  we then went to the PO BOX to get our mail.  in our little box i found a card with the exact amount of money i had spent on the nursing home residents!!!  every time something like this happens, it builds my faith.  and i share it to build yours as well!
this proves my point: so many times people feel that the Lord wants them to give up things, to tithe, to give and give some more.

that's true, He does want you to do all that.  especially to give up the things that are holding you back.  but, that's only half of it.

when you give what you know He wants you to give, it will be returned to you.  and many times, you'll receive MORE than you gave. and it can be in ways you never dreamed possible! and you'll be blessed and happy.  and others will be happy.  it's win win for everyone!

anyway, what in the world would i do with all that money anyway?  i have everything i could ever want right here. 

including the best blogging pals around.

oh yeah...

and bless you!  not the sneezy, snotty kind of course...

sniff, sniff.

19 comments:

  1. oh, this is wonderful! love it. pay it forward and around it comes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :)
    A blessing for a blessing.
    He always repays in amazing ways...and faith builders they are indeed.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouragement to give, knowing that the Lord is waiting to bless us; He takes care of all our needs!

    ☺Hope

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaamen, sister! Our God is faithful and His provision is marvelous. So glad you shared! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. God blesses those who bless others! HE IS FAITHFUL!

    Blessings~
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a testimony!!!! God Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so cool..I believe that too! You've inspired me today..thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are awesome. I love the way things work out like that. There are truly great people doing great things in the world and we all know where it comes from. B

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect ending to a great story. I love your thoughts on keeping Christmas Simple! Glad your feeling better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a fact - we just can't out give God.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cool!! I like to hear things like this, it truly does show even more of God's love to others, and His way of works!

    Glad you are feeling better.
    I've been sick, too. Thankfully God has sent that little something packing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. bless you!

    and isn't God amazing?! love ur story...thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have experienced many of those moments myself and it does strengthen my faith and makes me feel so loved because I feel it is God immediately telling me he sees my every move and He loves me and He is guiding and molding me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are teaching your children well. They'll never forget this lesson. Thanks so much for sharing the rest of the story. I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. God is so good...all the time!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. God is so good! You were faithful with little and he is giving you more to be faithful with!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice post...thank you very much for sharing...happy holidays...blessings soraya

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is awesome! I love hearing testimonies like that. I wish I could give without thinking so much about it. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete

comments = happy mountain mama