Sunday, November 13, 2011

scripture & snapshot


There is a time for everything,
   and a season for every activity under the heavens:

 
a time to be born and a time to die,
   a time to plant and a time to uproot,
 

 a time to kill and a time to heal,
   a time to tear down and a time to build,
 

 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
   a time to mourn and a time to dance,
 

 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
   a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
 

 a time to search and a time to give up,
   a time to keep and a time to throw away,
 

 a time to tear and a time to mend,
   a time to be silent and a time to speak,
 

a time to love and a time to hate,
   a time for war and a time for peace
.

Ecclesiastes 3



14 comments:

  1. Oh I love that verse!! Beautiful picture too.

    Hope you have a blessed Sunday♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photo and scripture. So much color! So grateful I stopped by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful fall colors! And God has made everything beautiful in His time. What good news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My second try to comment - your photo and scripture remind me of a book I love called Spiritual Rhythms by Mark Buchanan. He compares our spiritual walk with seasons of the year. I quote from it often in my blog. Thanks for visiting me today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that verse. It's a good one to remember...every day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great Scripture and Snapshot! I have to admit that these are so much fun to participate and to see what others are doing and how they create!

    Our fall colors are nearly gone but the weather is still warm here- one of the most wonderful autumn's ever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a special verse for me...we had chosen it for the cover of our wedding program! and then 9 years later when my hubby's father passed away (on our Anniversary) my mother in law chose it for his funeral program, not remembering that we had it on our program too. It was such a God send moment when she chose it. Surely a special verse!

    ReplyDelete
  8. And what a time I'm going through! So glad it is all in God's hands! - Drove by your town yesterday. In the way home from Grand Lake, I say the sign on the highway and I said to my husband "I have a blog friend who lives there." he said, "Well we can't just go up to your her house." I said, "I know, I don't even know where she lives, but it's kinda neat knowing somewhere over there is my friend Brooke!"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pardon all the typos in my previous comment! Yikes! I must start proof reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning photo and I just love this passage! Always a pleasure to stop by! :> )

    Blessings~
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfect verse for the beautiful photo!

    ReplyDelete

comments = happy mountain mama