Wednesday, November 23, 2011

happy thanksgiving.

for the first time in my blogging life i'm at a loss for words.  it's not for a lack...it is simply for fear that my words won't do my heart justice.

i can't begin to tell you how truly thankful i am.  how, if i never ever got a new pair of gap jeans, that i would be okay with that.  because clothes aren't important.

i would be good without my favorite dinner or dessert.  if we never get to build our little dream home then so be it.  if we never own another horse or goat then okay.

because life isn't about things.

but...take God away and my entire world crumbles. 

i can't put into words what he's been doing in my heart lately.  i can't tell you how blessed i am with the kids He's put in our lives while we're here on earth.  or what a wonderful husband i have to put up with my wild ideas.

or my friends. 

the one that made me try a bite of homemade date butter.
"eerrr...do i have to?" i bellowed like a toddler.  "ummm...yeah," she said with a spoon hovering my mouth. {it was good by the way.}  

and the friend that tells me she doesn't deserve anything she has which reminds me that i too, am not worthy.  {why can't i remember that one on my own?}

what would life be like without anyone to challenge us?

and my mom, bless her heart.  she loves me no matter.  even when i hang up on her.  yes, people...mountain mama is not perfect. seriously...not perfect.

i'm sloppy at times, lazy, angry, eat more than i need, exercise way less that i should and i'm selfish.  i'm sure there's more but my ego can't take it.  ah yes...my ego.

and with all of my downfalls, i'm still blessed.

i have THE best family.  THE best friends.  THE best kids.  {i'm not saying anyone is perfect here.} 

i have a heart full of love. love that is not meant to keep but to pass on.

and another thing:

i find it interesting that the pilgrims, when they had their own day of thanks...they actually fasted to show God how much they appreciated their blessings.  i can't help but wonder if we have it backwards when we stuff ourselves silly with turkey and pie.

there you have it.

God is good.  so good and mighty.  so amazing that i just can't come to terms with it.  i have no words that rightfully describe what my heart is singing. 

happy thanksgiving to you and all yours ~

p.s. i love you mom =)

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful post. Happy Thanksgiving, Brooke!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, we all have much to be thankful for and don't worry all Mom's are used to be hung up on once in awhile unfortunately your time will come Mom:) Have a great weekend Mama

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful, heartfelt post! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. truly beautiful. you did your heart song well...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen to that! And all I had to say on my Thanksgiving post was that I was thankful for my little ones and my family. It's so much more. SO much more. I'm right in the middle of learning some lessons from God, and I think the one at the top of the list is that things do not matter. He matters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet, sweet post.
    Have a Wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have said it all! Have a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could join you in the eating too much and not exercising enough..
    Your thanksgiving day sounds like a lovely way of celebrating Gods goodness.. my next door neighbour has pulled her kids out of school today in here in Australia to celebrate thanksgiving. She has recently moved from here from Colorado. I will have to sneak next door and get some pointers..
    Blessings to you, have a great day. Thank you for sharing your heartfelt post.
    Nell

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well said! I hope your family has a wonderful weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A wonderful post(s)...(I had to catch up!)
    Blessings come in so many ways. The trick is realizing them and then gratefulness. Love this post. Hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete

comments = happy mountain mama