Wednesday, November 16, 2011

a character.

he literally has trees growing into his house.  the backyard is full of 3' high poison ivy.  it's likely he hasn't showered in years. the evidence can be seen and smelled, the stench is far greater than one can describe. his stained clothes don't fit.  the neighbors he's had for years have NEVER seen him.  the speaker on the front porch is how he communicates with most of the world.

yet...there he was.  outside twice in two days to talk with mountain man.  wearing surgical gloves to protect him from the environment he talked circles around my husband. 

now, more than ever in my life, i firmly believe God has us where he wants us. 

every day. 

there is a reason my loving yet firm husband is there.  there is a reason this man opens up to him...

and today, which may be his last day working in that area...i'm praying for the Lord to use mountain man.  will you join me in prayer? 

and to go one step further in my prayers and ponderings.  i love everything about missionaries and their missions.  there are SO many lost, hurting, helpless souls in the world that need help.

BUT...

there are those same kind of souls not only in africa or China but also in our fine country.  even...in our neighborhoods.

is it possible we have all been called to be missionaries?

13 comments:

  1. YES! I sincerely believe this to be true!!!
    We are where we are for a reason- that is FOR sure!
    A wonderful post yet again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! The mission field is right out our front door.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayed and will pray for this man! Wow! What an awesome opportunity for your husband to show the love of Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! I will pray.. and it is sort of funny to me..but as I read your words each day, I already have put you in the missionary category... I see your entire family in this misional role...and I love working locally, so thankful for international missions, but my work is in my back yard...We need both

    ReplyDelete
  5. We will be prayer warriors for this man. It is our jobs as God's children to be shining lights of His love, and you and your family do it well! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayers in progress sweet friend...and not to be silly - but are you JUST NOW figuring out what an incredible influence and blessing you and your family are on all of us around you!? And we're in full agreement - there is a calling for all to "love thy neighbor" WHEREVER you are!! ;}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes Ma'am, missionaries right where we all live. Will be in prayer for this man. Please pray for a guy placed in Mr. C's path, named "Keith". Single dad of 5!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So true! Many times we think mission is going to another foreign country but missions work starts in our own home and in our own neighborhoods! Praying with you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes! I do believe that God puts us right on the path of someone we may be able to help.
    Praying with you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely. We are called to be disciples and bring others to the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, definitely - I believe we are all to be missionaries wherever our feet may tread. A beautiful example of how God is using you and your family right where you are!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I will be praying. I think all of us are called to spread the gospel. Each in our own way. You never know when God is going to use you our your experiences to help others and plant a seed. It is neat when you get to see the fruits of a seed that was planting long ago by someone else. It makes you want to find that person that planted it and tell them. Sometimes when we don't see the fruit, we dont think the seed matters as much.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely post - brought goose bumps to my arms when I was reading it. :-)

    ReplyDelete

comments = happy mountain mama