Monday, October 17, 2011

need a laugh?

there was a time when i was a young mama of one little girl.  many times, i was brought to my knees.  tears, crying.  i even remember running to my bedroom screaming into a pillow.  {i was an only child until i was 20 if that tells you anything :} 

just today, the kids were up in their rooms playing.  i heard a scuffle. 
my voice bellowed up the stairs, "children...get along please."  they know we strive to have a peaceful atmosphere.

i was sitting on my bed emailing a friend when scout {8} runs into my room, hops in bed and warns me to "cover my ears."  she then proceeds to scream into her daddy's pillow.   {the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, eh?}

trooper comes in next {4} with the middle born sister {6} and i look him in the eyes finding it all very amusing trying not to smile. 

i inquired as to what in the world was going on up there and he looked at me with huge eyes and said, "well...they are trying to kill me."

yes...a very peaceful home indeed! 

{don't let him fool you, he was probably disturbing their nice and orderly girly stuff :}

14 comments:

  1. :) I don't know what else to say; this made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had 6 brothers and 3 sisters and I was the oldest I really know that scream in the pillow thing. Only child eh I could have moved in with you :) B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, keeping up with all the sibling dynamics is hard!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too Cute & funny. Lil kids are great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute. Let me tell you what else is cute....I received the most precious trio of "thank you" cards ever. Those mountain kids of yours are just the cutest ever. Really. Their "thank you's" made my heart smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for sharing - it is funny from this view! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is funny. I guess I have more in store. This is already happening to me and mine are younger than yours. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry, so laughing right now...but only because I can so relate!!!! Some days laughter is about all that keeps my sanity, and I have to remember that one day they will grow and be gone, and how I will miss these days when they are growing up (well, maybe I won't miss the fighting...)

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha ohhh that sounds like my home....except the screaming in the pillow..maybe i should try that

    as for they tried to kill me..i think i've heard that more times than i can count.

    sweet boy....he'll have many more of those days yet to come again huh! haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is just too cute!! Definitely made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL! That made me laugh! Maybe I need to try this screaming in a pillow thing.......

    ReplyDelete

comments = happy mountain mama