Saturday, October 15, 2011

book review: wings of a dream by Anne Mateer



i personally do not read fiction very often but Bethany House Publishing offered up some historical fiction that i couldnt' turn down.

Wings of a Dream by Anne Mateer is about a young woman from Oklahoma who thinks she knows what she wants out of life and seems to have it all planned out.  until the spanish flu strikes her family and she finds herself alone, out of state and having to do things she never imagined.  Rebekah must choose between the life she thought she wanted and the life God has for her.  it is set in the year 1918 during the great war yet it's message is timeless. 

i must admit, i couldn't put the book down finishing it in less than 24 hours.  thank you Bethany  House for this book in exchange for a book review, i'll be reading more historical fiction in the future for sure! =)

3 comments:

  1. I'll have to check this one out. Reading in a rocking chair on a fall day sounds dreamy. I think it's time I do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love historical fiction!!! I will have to give this one a try!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Mountain Mama, for taking the time to read Wings of a Dream and to share it with others. I appreciate that very much! And I'm so glad you enjoyed the story. :)

    ReplyDelete

comments = happy mountain mama