Saturday, September 24, 2011

scripture & snapshot.


you know them as scout and boo bear...they are my new found hereos!

i am very proud to say these girls played their first game of basketball this weekend after having only {1} one hour practice.  they had never even seen a game played before!  {we aren't a "sporty" family}

they were so brave...walking out with self confidence and smiles. they tried their hardest to be attentive and got right back up when they fell. i ended up on my feet cheering for scout as she stole the ball, dribbled and then scored!  we were all shocked i do believe.

kids aren't fearless...they know when they are smaller than most, when they aren't the best at something and when all eyes are on them.

but, all we can ask is that they try their very best and have fun!  i'm one very proud mama!  and i can't help but ask myself what i'm afraid of doing...and remembering the courage i saw displayed today!

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”  ~Joshua 1:9






 
 



16 comments:

  1. Love that! Just what I needed to read today, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea girls!

    One of my favorite scriptures. ;}

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a verse we know so well!!! My littles say it with such will and strength! I so wish I had known that verse growing up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOOOOOO very awesome!! Go girls!!! :) What a perfect verse to capture this moment in their lives. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful courageous girls! How sweet they are clutching one another so tightly - sisterly love, holding one another up!
    Love that verse as well. I think it may be one of the first I ever tried to memorize on my own - so much encouragement found in it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, girls, for persevering and trusting!
    Visiting from Sunday Scripture and a Snapshot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hoorah for the girls! Strong work for the team!
    We can all learn from them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! How's that for aplomb? Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are raising your girls well. Love their smiles and the verse is one of my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  10. kids are amazing..i gain some of my strength through my kids....

    ur girls are sweet angels!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this! Way to go scout and boo bear!

    ReplyDelete

comments = happy mountain mama