Sunday, September 4, 2011

scripture & snapshot


"Now choose life, so that you and your children may live and that you may love the Lord you God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him.  For the Lord is your life..."  Deut. 30:9

i have a confession.  i don't always feel like doing or saying the right thing.  i don't always feel like walking in faith or praising the Lord...especially when things don't go the way "i think they should go."  and some days...not very often...but some days i don't feel like being a wife or mama.  i just want to be me with no duties, no one depending on me, no deadlines and no almond butter and agave sandwiches to make.

but...

the call i have is much bigger than myself. it's not about me.  it never has been.  {have you ever heard someone speak and all they say is "me", "me" and "i", "i"?}

it's about others and letting God use me, all the way up.  and when i look into the eyes above, i know that everything i do matters.  it matters because the kids are watching and listening.  they are learning about their own walks with the Lord by watching the way their parents handle situations, closed doors, broken hearts and faded dreams.

while i want to quite sometimes, throw in the towel, run away and admit i'm not cut out for this...

i'm reminded that yes, i was created for this. and He knew all about me before i was born, and He still chose to give me life.  sweet!

and the more i tune into others the more i feel complete.  even without getting that piece of land or new car.  that's all just stuff...right?




12 comments:

  1. You have a very pretty girl. Loved her blue eyes!!!

    This is a beautiful post. I can so relate...
    Thanks for sharing.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love ur little laura ingalls photo

    i can relate. there are days when i wish i had zero responsibilities and could think of no one but myself. i want to be selfish....but i have others before myself...and serving the Lord and being an example

    ReplyDelete
  3. she is a little laura ingalls girl. :)

    keep the faith, dearie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your daughter looks like you so much and I love her dress. Your words totally connect with me. It's not about me. It is indeed about salvation, love for Jesus and sharing our faith. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes...that feeling of 'throwing' in the towel never ends my dear!...but you'r right..living for 'me' never brings happiness! It's when we die to ourselves that we have true contentment and happiness looking to Him the author and finisher of our faith!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful daughter.
    I love what you wrote "the call i have is much bigger than myself. it's not about me." That is so true. Many parents live for themselves and their children get lost in the mix. It's difficult, I now, too. There are days when I think "Well, if I don't or if I do really won't matter." In the larger scope of things, it does matter. Press on... You are not alone!
    Happy Sunday Scripture and a Snapshot...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need this today Brooke. I don't have young children at home, but I have a father who has Alzheimer's, a mother who has Parkinson's and another family member who has had to move in with us because of severe personal problems. Typically I find such joy in giving, and serving, and in aleviating burdens, but in recent days I have felt so overwhelmed with the responsibilites of caring for others who are dependent on me to function in their daily lives. I feel depleted after working all day and then spending my evenings tending to the care of others. I was just praying about it last night, and I was reminded that my time is not my own. It's all God's. But that ugly old self likes to creep up on me and beg for attention! I have to surrender daily! I always feel renewed when I take my eyes off of myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful shot of your sweet girl and such convicting words to choose life in our thoughts, words and deeds!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww! Such a sweet picture of a sweet little girl! Love y'all, and we miss your family.~

    Thank you for posting on the blog. We love to keep up with y'all.

    Blessings,
    The Whiddons

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this post... simple beautiful & so true. Somedays I feel the same way then I remember I'm right where I need to be... God gave me this life because he knew I could handle it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing this sweet photo of your daughter, and your heart in this post ... I can totally relate to how you feel at certain times! It is true ... when we take our eyes off of 'us', and the more we invest in the lives of others, whether it be our children, family members, friends, or even a stranger, well, you just can't beat the return on that investment ... and you know, they benefit and are just as blessed, too! You have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. umm seriously! Has God ben talking to you about me??? cause I needed that.. I love your photo, but the words hit me right smack dab in the middle of my heart.. and now I am off to be a better me, wife and mother

    ReplyDelete

comments = happy mountain mama