Monday, September 12, 2011

on your heart tuesday.




the door that was shut so abruptly in our faces was the business venture we moved here to pursue.

and it's funny really...i was praying for the problems to be removed...instead we were.

uh...what?  really?  where did that come from?  you're kidding, right?  surely not.  you can pick me off the floor now.

i wish you could have seen my face when i heard the news.  i was able to laugh about it rather quickly {maybe an hour?} and i still am.  the good Lord never, ever ceases to amaze me.  He keeps us on our toes.  Life is not boring for sure.

we have seen Him meet our needs time and time again...and this time is no different.

but, something is troubling me.  i'm irritated, frustrated and sad.  maybe i shouldn't even say it but i must for my heart is greatly troubled.

it's the lack of faith of others.  it's the fear in their voices when i talk to them.  it's the panic mode.  and believe me i know it all to well from my own past experiences of not walking in faith. 

it's all on how you look at it... 

through our eyes or God's?

i have said the same thing to everyone {and it's been a lot!} for the past few weeks:  we always felt God may have been using this opportunity to get us here but who knows what the future holds! {we would not have come home without a new venture lined up!}  anything can happen!  He WILL and DOES meet our needs.  We are NOT stressed out about this.  when one door closes, another will open.  {but really, if you continue to be stressed then it's gonna stress me out...i've never actually said that but i might!}

i know our circle of people love and care for us.  and i'm grateful for each and every one of them.  and don't get me wrong, not everyone reacts this way.  i have some stellar rocks in my life.  and i admit, it's a natural human instinct to freak out...right? 

but, please no pity.  no panic mode.  we would accept some hugs and prayer.  {and some more maple cookies, thanks superbrad in arizona.  why was there a box half eaten?}

we just see things differently.  i see that we are on the path God has for us.  I see that we have learned a lot and that we have a lot left to learn.  i see that we can not store up treasures on earth.  i see our happy children soaking up all the learning they can while their mama tries to keep up with them! 

and i see another amazing adventure ahead of us in our future.

"The steps of the righteous man are ordered by the Lord." Psalms 37:23

"Be strong, courageous, and firm; fear not nor be in terror before them, for it is the Lord your God Who goes with you; He will not fail you or forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6

"So that your faith might not rest in the wisdom of men {human philosophy}, but in the power of God. 1 Corinthians 2:5

16 comments:

  1. Praying for the right doors to open for you! What a testimony it will be to the people who doubt.. You are shining Jesus' light bright <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I wonder how people can be so fearful and worry-ful when faced with situations like this. Then other times I am the one who says "how can you remain calm now??" :) Obviously your peace comes from God and knowing that you're right where he wants you. I sit anxiously awaiting what He's going to do with you guys next. I'm so curious now! I'll be praying while I wait for further updates :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I praise God for your faith and pray He opens just the right door for you so your lives are not in limbo for too long. I can't wait to see what he has in store for you: for someone with such a deep trust.

    ReplyDelete
  4. folks are just trying to express concern for your welfare, i'm sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. your journey in faith so mimics ours last year.. So happy that you have those rocks... and others lack of faith is wearing.. i am lifting you up. thank u for your transparency and for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've got it right! Some of us take longer to get that kind of faith. . .but that is the truth of the matter. HE writes the story and HE knows the ending and it is good! How exciting for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are such an inspiration to me. Your words were exactly what I needed to hear {read} right now. You're following God's path. That is what we're called to do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amen and amen and amen and amen. Oh, it's so hard when you have faith and others have fear! I know this very well. Often my faith has been called stupidity or foolishness. And yet, our faith is a gift from God. We can't manufacture it. May God surround you with many who have much faith and trust in the LORD and may you continue to be an example of looking to Jesus and not your circumstances. I love the lessons you've learned from this, too, and your children....WOW! They're learning to walk by faith and not by sight. Love and hugs to you, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amen! Looking forward w/ you to what the Lord has planned, AND enjoying what He is doing right now in your life! Nice to read your day to day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know for sure that when one door closes, another always opens. Hope yours opens soon, so you can see what lays ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your way of thinkin... I think the same way. I freak for a sec. then remind myself to just put it in Gods hands.

    ReplyDelete
  12. praise the LORD for this opportunity to grow and praise him that you so easily saw his handiwork in place. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. God will show up...because of your faith and trust! May the Lord meet your every need! Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You stay on the path that He has laid out before you. I will be praying for you and your family. But mostly I will be praying for those around you to be filled with discernment about the situation and how to support you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! I could just hear your faith bubbling up out of you! When we have seen God's leading in the past, when we have stood on His faithfulness and indeed found him to MORE THAN FAITHFUL, when we KNOW WHO is in control, our future in His hands becomes an adventure, just like you so beautifully wrote.
    Praising God for the work He's already done in your life....rejoicing with you in what is yet to come-

    I loved my time here. Thanks for blessing my socks off!
    ~Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  16. I completely admire your unwavering faith. I'm learning a lot from you....keep on writing. :)

    ReplyDelete

comments = happy mountain mama