Tuesday, September 20, 2011

book review: stained glass hearts by Patsy Clairmont



"Life is puzzling.  God is mysterious.  People are odd...but it's not just people that send me circling my brain for answers; it's circumstances as well."

my sentiments exactly! 

what does one do with their heart after it's been broken into tiny pieces?  how does one move on from dark shadows {ie depression, lack of zest}?  it is possible to enjoy life again?

'Stained Glass Hearts' by Women of Faith speaker Patsy Clairmont is a great, encouraging, funny book. our hearts can be like a mosiac* and i gained quite a bit from miss Patsy's perspective.  i love that after each chapter she gives selections of art to google, music to listen to and encourages the reader to spend time in nature.

"God's handiwork declares him day after day, and the declarations become our education, our inspiration, and our restoration.  When we have ears to hear and eyes to see, we're left breathless by his visual power displayed throughout the universe, and we're silenced when we detect his whispers in a meandering brook.  That a holy God would speak through river pebbles to my stony heart is humbling."

amen.


*have you ever noticed up close a mosiac just looks like broken pieces?  but, from a distance it makes something beautiful...like all the pieces were meant to be broken and put back together??

life is to be fully enjoyed and this book is a great place to start! i'll be giving it away in this week's giveaway located on the side bar, so go ahead and enter!

thank you book sneeze for letting me read, review and keep {or giveaway} this book!

7 comments:

  1. You are so right mosaic is beautiful and it is broken pieces. To me that means life is the same, beautiful things come from broken pieces and lives. We just have to be patient and hope and pray. B

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your analogy of the broken pieces of life and the beauty of a mosaic. It just goes to show ya that nothing is so bad that God can't put it back together again.

    The book sounds like an amazin' good read!

    God bless and have a most beautiful day sweetie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful thoughts....I haven't read Patsy for many years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a wonderful book. I've enjoyed reading Patsy's writing before. I don't see a sidebar for this book yet so I'll keep checking.
    Thanks for the sweet giveaways!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heard Patsy for the first time on the radio the other day. I quite enjoyed her!.. This reminds me of my Bible reading today...the end of Job when God replies to Job....No matter what is going on in our life, HE who created it all is in control of EVERY situation! Those broken pieces will make a beautiful picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the book review! Looks like a good one to get my hands on! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is a book that I need to read right now. Thank you for leading me to it!

    ReplyDelete

comments = happy mountain mama