Tuesday, August 9, 2011

{some} blogs i love and the winner!

there are some great blogs out there!  funny, thought provoking, entertaining, beautiful...here are a few of my favorites. 

just one life - dawn is a mama and a {crazy, i say it with love} triathlon-er.  i love the way she looks at life.  she lives in canada and her pictures are always amazing.

curious acorn - i see jodi as being eclectic and fun.  she works at a 18th century farm as a living historian.  how cool is that?  and apparently, i'm not the only one who's had an encounter with God to prove his existence on a very personal level.  remember mine?

pinke post - katie is great.  they live on the prairie far away from human life.  her work sometimes takes her away from home while her husband is left to fix their girls' hair...yikes!  she is easy peasy to relate to.

go west feral woman - feral means wild for all of you city folk.  you just won't believe what this lady does.  her and her husband are forestry people...huge trees, alone in the woods, no potty...and bears.  seriously.  they call montana their home sweet home!

a pause on the path - this blog is a recent find. shanda was raised in africa by missionary parents. that was enough for me.  some of my heart is there even though i've never been.  there is a man from africa who sang the other day at church though...that counts, right?  i love the way she encourages.

cattle, kids & chaos - oh man!  fiona and her family live in australia.  the life they have created for their kids is amazing.  and they{and their hats} are just adorable.  her images are always beautiful...they makes me want to take a trip down under.

and as a random sidenote...if you are blessed enough to have a trader joe's grocery near you then you must pick up some maple leaf cookies made with maple syrup.  they have a cream center.  perfect for this fall.  or now.  take your pick.  {but not until you mail me a box!}

on to the giveaway!

thank you to everyone who entered this month's giveaway!!  let's all remember pam and her work when it's time to pick out a very special gift for someone!  she also restores old photographs as well!  and thanks to pam for sharing the love on mountain mama!

and the big winner is...

Kim at mom tried itkim is a birth mama and foster mama.  she entered the giveaway to win a special present for someone who is going through a hard time...i'm sure it will be awesome for him!

{i did the 'ol fashioned pull the name out of a bowl trick..while the kids slept...shh..don't tell them!}

that's all folks!  and don't forget the cookies.

12 comments:

  1. Oh you have no idea how this made my day! Thank you for the mention. I'm never sure if people DO actually relate to me but I really appreciate your kind words! Congrats to Kim on the being the winner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard Trader Joe's may come to Kansas City. I sure hope so!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats to your winner! you named 3 of my favorite blogger ladies in your list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to the winner....and this "Trader Joe"...is it only in the USA?:)
    Thanks for the mention...I'm honored....and am floored. Really.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for Kim!!! I think she's the reason I found your blog in the first place. It's fun to see a friend win something so great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for sharing all of these wonderful blogs! i am always on the hunt for a new blog to read.

    btw, i'm a new follower. please stop on by..
    http://penelopeblue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so excited. This is going to be perfect!
    I have never heard of any of those bloggers, so I am going to have to check them out. They sound fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mountain Mama, I'm so flattered to be included on your list. I'd like you to know how much I love your blog too. Your photos are beautiful, as are your children. As Mums, we spend our lives trying to do the right thing by our kids, doing everything to ensure they grow into responsible, capable, hard-working, 'good' adults. That's the same no matter what side of the ocean we live on. You take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. No Trader Joes near us--which is a shame because I could sure put the hurt on those cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the shout out, but most especially, thanks for sharing your story. Our Father is awesome, more than words can express. There's a Trader Joe's is in my home town. Email me your address, and I'll send you a box. MY email's on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, those cookies look fun! I love going to Trader Joe's. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahhh Trader Joes is the best! I love all their TJ brand salad dressings!

    ReplyDelete

comments = happy mountain mama