Saturday, August 20, 2011

scripture & snapshot


each morning begins a new day...a fresh day of hope, mercy, forgiveness, unfailing love.

when we were fishing today boo bear picked these flowers for me.  you would think i'd be used to it now but i'm not.  while others were casting and reeling she snuck off to do something nice for me.  {the kids take turns doing this!}  every single time they hand me a bouquet it's like being hugged from God Himself.  it's almost like i can hear Him whisper, "you know what, it's okay, everything is all right...look what I made for you."  i get a "fresh start" in a way at that very moment.  i'm reminded of everything He died for.  everything i'm blessed with.  reminded how precious every single second is.  and to think, i didn't realize i was carrying around any burdens before the tiny blooms were placed in my hand!

"tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it...yet."
~miss stacey 'anne of green gables'







15 comments:

  1. How precious.... the flowers, their thoughts towards you, and your thoughts towards them and God.
    Lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reminder. I love the photo, but I really love the story behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful post.. I think that it was becoming a Mom that truly taught me all that GOd had in store for me.. I always knew it, jsut never really felt it before the kiddos.. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how beautiful a thing to do - my youngest used to do this for me too only I used to wonder who's garden did he get these from !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely shot! Wonderful verse!
    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! Such beautiful words to go with a beautiful photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful story to go with the picture. So sweet! God is gracious in His reminders to us, isn't he??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely post! Thanks for stopping by today! I'm from Oklahoma too! I've lived here since I was 2 except for the 5 years I was away at college. I think it's the best place to live, but I might be biased! Anxious to read more about your life here. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet! I look forward to when my little one is old enough to pick me boquets of weeds that will be the most beautiful flowers I have ever seen! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful post! Wonderful perspective! I knew a lady who used to say she didn't know how much God loved her until she had her daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blog posts are sometimes like getting a hug from God, M.M. I'm so thankful for them! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

comments = happy mountain mama