Sunday, August 7, 2011

scripture & snapshot


you may not live by the beach or in the mountains.  rolling green hills or wildflowers may not be seen out of your window.  a babbling brook or natural rocks may not grace your landscaped {or un-landscaped} yard.

no matter where you live one things stays the same. 

the sky.  it's above each and every one of us.

and, it never ceases to amaze me.

maybe, just maybe, even the city dwellers will be able to see a glimpse of God's goodness through the smog.

take a minute to see and breathe in God's wonders.

{i captured this image while the kids and i were driving on hwy 75.  we noticed the sun behind the cloud and how it looked like a puzzle piece.  i rolled the window down, snapped the pic with one hand while keeping my eyes on the road!}

15 comments:

  1. What a beautiful picture! Glorious is certainly the word to describe it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photo and thought! "The heavens declare the glory of God and the firmament shows His handiwork. Day unto day utters speech and night unto night reveals knowledge." It's amazing all the many ways God communicates His love for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I KNOW! Every time I look up I feel as though things are written there just for me:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that's one thing that keeps me sane around here, surrounded by fences and close neighbors. My heart craves big, open land, even though I love our little house. So I love to sit in the backyard and look up in the sky and get lost. Beautiful picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome shot! Perfect. And one handed too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! I never thought about the sky that way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photo! Yes, what glorious skies God gives us every day! My daughter has been fascinated with them of late, too, grabbing the camera for photos of clouds and sunsets.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A girl after my own heart! Driving and snapping masterpieces at the same time! Gorgeous, and so true!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL...great story! Glad I don't drive near you, though. ;) And that sky is heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. well the next thing ya know there will be legislation to prevent photographing and driving...LOL great snap and great verse.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! And that's why Scripture tells us that 'the heavens declare the glory of God'.... so none has any excuse. None can say, 'oh I couldn't see God's glory'....

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an awesome sky and I don't think our human minds can even comprehend what His Glory is really like - we've just got a tiny glimpse for now. Thankyou so much for visiting my blog - sorry it took me a day or so to make a reply.

    ReplyDelete

comments = happy mountain mama