Monday, August 15, 2011

love you more: on adoption {book review}




Love You More by Jennifer Grant is wonderful read for those interested in adoption.  She tells their adoption story...with her heart wide open.  The ups, downs, the waiting...oh, the waiting!! 

Their family of 5 felt the pulling to adopt...they believed the Lord would lead them to the right child for them.  They found themselves in Guadalupe to adopt a precious girl they named Mia. 

"I have always believed God shapes families together through birth, adoption, marriage, and friends who grow to be as close as family.  There are no runners-up or second bests.  The children who were meant to be mine come into my life, one way or another" she says i have to agree with her!

Is it tough adjusting to life with an adopted child?  How do other people treat Mia when they see her beautiful brown skin? {you'd be surprised!}  Is international adoption safe? 

Jennifer covers all of these questions and more...plus there are all kinds of resources listed in the back!  I thoroughly enjoyed this book...easy to read, funny at times, heart wrenching and totally down-to-earth. 

*I was provided a complimentary copy in exchange for a review, thanks booksneeze! 

3 comments:

  1. This sounds like an awesome book! I think I may see about finding it. Thanks for sharing the review! Thanks for stopping by and visiting me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, girl! Sorry I haven't dropped by in a while....been swamped with school work! I'm finishing up summer semester this week. Working full time and going to school full time is about to kill me, but I can see light at the end of the tunnel! I'm on track to graduate in May....yippeeeee!!!!!

    I'm loving your new blog...new home, etc. Your life is always an adventure and I love sharing it through blog world! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review. I read this book and loved it. I feel we can learn so much from other parents' experiences, even if they are not exactly the same as our own. Her honest, humorous stories made me laugh and cry. it's a great resource for any parent, especially those considering adoption or even foster parenting. If you're interested, the author has a great blog at www.jennifergrant.com

    ReplyDelete

comments = happy mountain mama