Wednesday, August 24, 2011

wednesday: water


all five of us piled onto the four wheeler.  mountain man drove miles and miles up and into the mountains.  we happened upon the "eye" of a natural spring.   every few seconds it would bubble and gurgle.  the kids and i were fascinated.  city people just don't see things like this.



it had once been the water source for this fairly old homestead of sorts.  scout literally spotted the peak of the roof from a mountain side so we drove down and crawled over barbed wire to investigate.    we found old plots where crops were, you could still see the rows.  an old corral was nearby.



boo bear actually found a perfectly preserved sand which in a ziplock laying on the ground later in the day.  it's so cold in the mountains even in the spring that things don't deteriorate.  mountain man uttered, "wow, i'm surprised a bear didn't get that." 

{huh??}

we had a great time that day despite the fact i was internally distraught knowing we were out of cell phone range, no one knew where we were and that there could have been sandwhich {or people} eating bears nearby.

**one day my friends, i will learn to not let fear creep in so i can fully enjoy this life and the earth wonder around!!!!**

disclaimer: again, i do not think my pictures are great.  i have a small hand me down point and shoot that has been dropped countless times and buried in the sand.  but, i do think this earth is great.  and i have stories to tell. =)


 
EARTH WONDERS by anaeugenio

                                                  click here.

17 comments:

  1. hello Mountain Mama, it's very nice to meet you. I came over from Earth Wonders, and I think your photos are splendid. there's no need for the disclaimer I tell you. when I began my blog a few years back I only had a point and shoot - a Sony Cybershot. then I started on a 365 photos in a year project. after awhile I felt disadvantaged and limited by only having that simple camera with what I felt were few options for creativity. this spring I finally made my purchase of a dslr and though it's a whole lot of fun and I most likely wouldn't give it up, I'm not so certain that there's a huge quality difference in my photos. it's easier to capture the light, yes, because I've got better ISO and can change lenses, but having said that, I believe it is true that it isn't the camera so much as the person - their "eye". I can say without a doubt, you've got the "eye". I love your photos, and your blog. happy day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so neat! I can't imagine just happening upon a natural spring like that. Not in the city (or even state) where I live. Were the pictures in the old farm house. That would have been SUCH a treat to look through. I love to imagine life happening in places that are abandoned. And I agree with Ms. Becky...you have the eye. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photos are great. I don't live in the mountains but I am in the middle of nowhere. It's a ton of fun getting out and exploring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So we're not the only ones who all pile on the four-wheeler!
    love this song your playing!!! Need to Breathe is one of my faves, next to Toby Mac!
    What an awesomely beautiful place for a ride!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i humbly thank your sweet comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. a natural spring is such a bliss. and you definitely got the eye. trust us on this one :) you're beautiful and you share the beauty around you. how I understand you about the fear that doesn't let us enjoy each moment fully. our minds think to much. this sounds like a very special day to remember :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your stories and your photos are great. I think the fear always is with you and we just have to learn how to mange it. You are doing great. Look at the happy smiles of your children you are a fantastic Mom. B

    ReplyDelete
  8. We love going and looking around...
    and I think you're pics are GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I HEAR you...about the fear creeping in thing! Seems you did pretty good doing this explore:)
    Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the tales of your adventures. And, your photos are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. When you figure out how to let the "fear thing" disappear and just enjoy everything about the moment...let me know the recipe, okay? I think your pictures are good and I love hearing your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice captures of a lovely outing. The natural spring must have been fascinating to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love these. You really have an eye for photography and seeing God's beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi MM! This is so pretty! Bubbly!
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  15. That homestead..... Makes me all nostalgic (or something!). I love the photo - makes me think of a day in the past when that home was someone's home, and life happened there. And now... it's but a shell. "And over it the wind doth pass, and it away is gone. And of the place where once it was, it shall no more be known".

    I can't get over that these places are just left empty. It just shows how much space there is in your wonderful country. How is it that children don't use that land when the parents pass on? See.... we could come live in your country. There's *loads* of space for us ;) !!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay mountains? mountains? you got some mountains back into your system, YAY!!!!

    And dont worry, you wont worry as much when your kids grow up and they have to take some responsibility in staying alive - but I must admit its the mother fear in us!

    And I love your photos - you reflect life well!

    ReplyDelete

comments = happy mountain mama