Tuesday, August 23, 2011

suess-isms

one of our themes in our homeschooling week is "dr. suess."  that means checking out all the books we could find.  and reading, coloring and talking in rhythm.

and just so you don't feel left out, here's a few tid bits to ponder because they do make one stop and wonder. kid or adult we are all the same...dreams, ambitions and a unique name.

and i'm not one to brag but i, got to meet his agent's wife. she said there are movies in the works for all suess fans so you can sit and watch them with your zans.

{don't worry, i won't quit my day job.}

*i learned there are troubles
of more than one kind.
some come from ahead
and some come from behind.

but i've bought a big bat.
i'm all ready, you see.
now my troubles are going
to have troubles with me!
{i had trouble in getting to solla sollew}

*unless someone like you
cares a whole awful lot,
nothing is going to get better.
it's not.
{the lorax}

*you have brains in your head.
you have feet in your shoes.
you can steer yourself
any direction you choose.
you're on your own.
and you know what you know.
and YOU are the guy who'll decide where you go.
{oh, the places you'll go}

*the more that you read,
the more things you know.
the more that you learn,
the more places you'll go.
{i can read with my eyes shut}

*so be sure when you step,
step with care and great tact
and remember that life's
a great balancing act.
and will you succeed?
yes!  you will indeed!
(98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)
KID YOU WILL MOVE MOUNTAINS!
{oh, the places you'll go!}









top photo credit  bottom photo credit
{from suess-isms, wise and witty prescriptions for living from the good doctor}

14 comments:

  1. Great post...we love Dr. Seuss in our house, in fact many years ago I found a book written for older adults..it's called "You're Only Old Once". We bought it for my MIL's 75th birthday many years ago...it's a great one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love his books here! This summer we got the I Can Read With My Eyes Shut book from the library - what a delight to share with my youngest as he is just starting to learn to read.
    And that quote you added at the bottom - I'm not sure if I ever read that, but such a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, Dr.Suess is the bomb! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like to give copies of "Oh, The Places You'll Go" as graduation gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotta love Dr.Seuss. thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! We're huge Dr. Seuss fans around here too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never heard of Dr Seuss, but it sounds great, I have to check it out properly :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Dr. Seuss and my girls aren't quite into the books yet but I still read them. Fantastic post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet poem! and yes, we hope you stay in your current day (and night) job :-) You are blessing your kids richly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Favorite Dr Suess quote from my daughters childhood book, read over and over at their bedtime -

    "foot, foot.. foot, foot.. foot foot foot.

    Id laugh and laugh at his apparent writers block and the girls thought I was laughing at his silliness...LOL

    ReplyDelete

comments = happy mountain mama