Thursday, July 7, 2011

10 days of not so fun.


it's that time again! 

ten days of no eating, consuming nothing but lemonade with cayenne pepper and salt water! {and lots of visits to the potty!}

sounds crazy, doesn't it?

i've done "it" once before with some family members and the results were amazing!  

here are some benefits of the master's cleanse or lemonade diet:

*the cleanse detoxifies the body..since you stop eating the body gets a rest from digesting food and can "work" on itself!  there are some die off symptoms that aren't so pleasant, but very worth it!  the lemonade consists of grade b maple syrup so your body is still being nourished!!

*the body loses some unwanted fat - i craved butter this winter in the boonies and i have five extra pounds to prove it!

*a person realizes how often and WHY they eat.  i'm a stress/emotional eater, i just happen to have a high metabolism.  doing the cleanse the first time really opened my eyes.  one should eat to nourish the body, much like gas in a car, not to give into cravings all the time.

this cleanse is not for everyone.  please contact your health care provider if this is something that peaks your interest and you have any health issues.  prego or nursing mama's should never, ever attempt this.  there are books and many websites that give all the information needed.  here is one.

as for me, i'm off to cook for my family while not being able to eat...pure torture! {cooking seasoned taco meat is by far the worst!  it smells sooo good!}

*photo credit - katie lloyd photography - don't forget to enter the giveaway!

*these opinions are my own.  please do let me know if you'd like any more information! {it MUST be grade b maple syrup for nourishment about $20 a jug.}

16 comments:

  1. Cooking for the family is always the biggest challenge when dieting I find. If you have any good tips besides suffering, please pass them on :) Happy birthday to your little boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can sort of relate...since i'm nursing i can't do too much calorie restriction...but i'm doing lo/no carb and i'm in pure torture here w/5 kids and a hub to cook for (ok 4 kids...reid doesn't count haha) i'm a out of sight out of mind girl when it's eating....
    our kitchen/eating area/living room is one big area...so we're constantly in the 'great room' i always see food...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know lots of people who have done this, and loved the results! I think when Sprig weans, I'll try it. Hubby and I could use a good detox. And what better time, feeding toddlers is easier than older kids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting! I'm nursing, so a no go for me. But maybe one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I am definitely interested. Could you tell me more, please? I would like to do a cleanse, but I dont trust "mixes" and pills. If you recommend it, I trust you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you! I've tried a cleanse before, but I just get too weak, and given my profession, I can't risk it. So I've compromised and done short fasts, partnered with prayer and quiet time.

    I like the feeling you get when you've eliminated junk in the diet. You just feel so healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm looking forward to your updates! I remember the last time you did this cleanse, and it was fun following along.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok so you really really are NOT going to eat anything besides lemonade and canyenne???

    My gosh! kudjo's for you!!!

    I have to ask my oncologist, but it sounds healty in a weird way. haha

    Leontien

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have done cleanses...but not this drastic...Now I find just eating whole foods works and not animal protein works better for me...I know what you mean about cooking when you are doing this!! Have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I'm impressed...I can hardly last a day of eating 100% healthy... I have a problem with sugar/carb addictions! I've only done the fruit/veggie and lean meats thing.. but that's about it for me. Kudos to you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Would love to learn more about this, too bad someone else can't do the cooking for you while you do this. That's a toughie.

    We just happened to have taco's last night too!

    I'm off to read the link you shared, to learn more. Take care of yourself! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I recently did a 5 day fast and what a difference my body felt on the 4th and 5th days....WOW! I realized that I too, was not eating for nourishment, but to fill lulls in my day....sad!

    Blessings to you and your family~
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  13. Would love more info!! E-mail me! jumpforjoy@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! That's got to take major willpower on your part. 10 days? Not sure I could last that long without ice cream. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. 10 days - wow! I've only ever done the 36 hour fasting, and don't know if I can imagine a 10 day one. Typically, I like a 24 hour once a week fast. Since I usually feel so much better after one of those, I'm thinking you must feel amazing after a 10 day cleansing fast! (Complete sympathy on the cooking for others while fasting - makes it a bit harder!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Make sure you brush your teeth really good, mama, watch that natural sugar in the syrup and acid in the lemons! :D

    ReplyDelete

comments = happy mountain mama