Thursday, June 23, 2011

5 question friday.

1. What is your current favorite tv show? i'm sorry, i can't answer that.  it's not that i don't want to.  it's just that we don't watch TV.  we haven't for years.  it's very nice actually.

2. What's the worst haircut you ever got? ohhh...my friend who was a hairdresser years ago cut my long hair.  i think i agreed to a short do and let's just say it wasn't quite what i expected.  i could have uttered, "so...like what am i supposed to do with this layer?" but don't hold me to it.

3. What was something that you did as a child that you thought you were so cool for doing?  i could out run all the boys in my class...take that stinky 'ol boys! 

4. Do you have any GREAT frugal family fun tips?  i'm not sure if they are great or not.  it's fun for us to pack picnic lunches wether we go to the park or a museum.  in idaho we hit the oregon trail museum on their free day.  we love the library.  i remember in georgia when we went to the pumpkin patch we let the kids choose a tiny pumpkin.  we all shared ice cream.  they played on the playground and we took pics.  that was it and they were happy.  less really is more. {we skipped on the huge pumpkins, $6 watermelons, t-shirts, jupiter jump etc.} i also look on-line for coupons, discounts, specials etc. to where ever we are headed...and don't be afraid to ask!! {you have not because you ask not!}

5. Would you drive across country if you had the money to fly?  ohhhh, yes.  i wouldn't want to miss the sunsets, small towns, kindred spirits and all the wild and crazy things we've seen.  i could pass on some of the gas station bathrooms.

y'all have a great weekend!!!!

8 comments:

  1. I so agree with you on driving vs flying. You miss so much up there in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah, I gave one of those kind of haircuts to my best friend when I was in beauty school. hahaha! By the end of it we were both crying! Loved these all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm for driving... I'll fly...only is I absolutely have NO other choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely I'd drive across country rather than fly - and have twice taken road trips across and back :-) Once to spend the summer living in Idaho and the second for a trip to see the Grand Canyon. Both drives had many adventures and sights along the way.

    The haircut comment made me laugh. Once I cut my friends hair and she had straight hair...oh disaster - couldn't get it even! Now, I do my girls hair, but it has waves and is much more forgiving in the length and evenness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reading these questions and your answers they always make me think. I would love to drive across Canada and meet all the people and just take my time oh yes and my camera.
    Funny my favourite show is Globe trekkers. B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved it!

    Yes, I'd rather drive than fly, I think, being I've never flown, nor do I want to either. :P I'm scared of heights, the thought of it just freaks me out! :/ And all the country you'd miss if you fly, course I've been told flying you get to see alot... but nah. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your answers, and I'm in agreement w/ #5.

    And about those bathrooms, ever stop at Little America??? Million dollar facilities, if only they were all that nice!ha

    ReplyDelete

comments = happy mountain mama